We love summer but it can be tough on our beloved locks so now is a great time to be proactive by treating your hair to a super moisturizing mask. To prevent or heal any sort of damage, try our favorite homemade mask to protect the keratin in the hair. Our DIY home remedy is not only super easy, but it is also all natural and it’s perfect for any hair type. Plus, it only requires 2 ingredients.
The 1st ingredient is any type of fat, a few examples include olive oil, coconut oil, or aragon oil. These oils are rich in vitamins A and E and antioxidants, which all do wonders for your hair. The best brands are high quality and are cold-pressed, meaning the more raw the better.
The 2nd ingredient is a banana, which is rich in tryptophan, an essential amino acid that helps hair health and growth. In addition, bananas have natural fats that act has moisturizers and also they have potassium which maintains hair’s pH balance.
Both ingredients are vital and do amazing things to the strength and shine of your hair. Below includes how much you need and what to do:
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of either olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil or aragon oil
- In a bowl mix the banana and whatever oil you chose together.
- Next, with your hands massage the mixture into your scalp. Be thorough and massage all the way down to your ends.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and for the best results leave on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing.
How simple and easy? After doing this treatment a few times you will notice a considerable difference in the health of your hair. Cheers!
At Scotch Naturals, we believe that everyone looks their best when they feel their best and living a healthy lifestyle can lead the way. So when it comes to our nails, there is no exception. Now that we use chemical free products and know the basics of our nails, we feel that our nails have never looked better. We’ve listed below what we’ve learned about our nails to ensure yours are just as fabulous. Cheers!
1. Nails that are clipped are more prone to breakage. We suggest filing them down with an emery board. If nails need to be clipped, best time is after they have soaked in water as they are more softer and pliable.
2. Nails grow faster in the warmer climates than they do in colder ones.
3. Your fingernails grow faster than your toenails. The nails on your dominant hand will grow the fastest.
4. Our nails are a great indicator of our health. Be aware of any changes in the nail, like thickening or discoloration. These can signal health problems.
5. Adding zinc (think hardboiled egg) to your diet promotes healthy nails.
6. Drinking water protects against any dryness around your nails.
7. Massage jojoba oil into your nails and cuticles daily. Jojoba oil is the closet to our natural sebum (body oil). Ginny, the founder of Scotch Naturals, keeps organic jojoba oil on her kitchen sink and applies it every time she washes her hands.
8. Protecting your nails against dirt and water is key. Try to wear gloves as much as possible. Further, it’s important to wear the proper shoe size. You want enough room for your toenails to avoid infections and discomfort.
Do you have any tips for healthy nails?
Perfect Pairings is a series where we ask our favorite bloggers to pair their favorite Scotch Naturals polishes with their favorite outfits. We are excited for this week’s modeled looks from the beautiful and inspiring Supal of chevrons & éclairs, the lifestyle blog dedicated to new adventures, food and style. She is based out of London and we highly recommend becoming a regular visitor to her blog.
Each one of Supal’s looks paired with Scotch Naturals is elegant and stylish with lady like appeal.
Scotch Naturals Polish: Caleigh + Joe Fresh dress, Kate Spade purse, BaubleBar earrings, L.K. Bennett heels, and Elie Tahari sunglasses.
Scotch Naturals Polish: To Hell with Swords and Garter + Talbots dress, Gap belt, Accessorize earrings, Dumond shoes, DSW purse, Elie Tahari sunglasses, and BaubleBar earrings.
Scotch Naturals Polish: Roasted Mellow + J Crew shirt, Ann Taylor skirt, Target heels, Coach purse, and BaubleBar earrings.