We must admit that these days our go to make-up product is lipstick. The reason is pure and simple; it’s easy. Plus, there are so many great colors out there to try. Each season we treat ourselves to a new shade and soon we plan to rock the same color as Troya, a fiery tomato red creme.
What colors are inspiring you?
I think it’s safe to say that everyone loves a good sun kissed tan and the look of relaxation. Why not strive to have that all the time? These days you can and we put together a list of our favorite products to help maintain your summer beauty.
1. The Ren Skin Care Emollient Rescue Cream is great when your skin is dry and needs protection from environmental elements. It’s even great all year round. We use it this time of year to restore and bring comfort to our face.
2. For us, the Maya Water Facial Mist is ideal for when we’re on the go. It’s a super easy way to refresh and reenergize tried skin in a moments notice.
3. Our founder Ginny loves the Perfekt Body Gel because it adds color to your skin without the nasty chemicals.
4. We love putting on Ilia’s Balmy Days Lip Conditioner in the morning and at night. It soothes your lips and protects them from any dryness.
5. Tata Harper’ Hydrating Floral Essence is such a good toner that we even put it over our make-up as a finishing touch. It’s a limited edition so stock up now!
Do you have any favorite late summer beauty products?
We love summer but it can be tough on our beloved locks so now is a great time to be proactive by treating your hair to a super moisturizing mask. To prevent or heal any sort of damage, try our favorite homemade mask to protect the keratin in the hair. Our DIY home remedy is not only super easy, but it is also all natural and it’s perfect for any hair type. Plus, it only requires 2 ingredients.
The 1st ingredient is any type of fat, a few examples include olive oil, coconut oil, or aragon oil. These oils are rich in vitamins A and E and antioxidants, which all do wonders for your hair. The best brands are high quality and are cold-pressed, meaning the more raw the better.
The 2nd ingredient is a banana, which is rich in tryptophan, an essential amino acid that helps hair health and growth. In addition, bananas have natural fats that act has moisturizers and also they have potassium which maintains hair’s pH balance.
Both ingredients are vital and do amazing things to the strength and shine of your hair. Below includes how much you need and what to do:
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of either olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil or aragon oil
- In a bowl mix the banana and whatever oil you chose together.
- Next, with your hands massage the mixture into your scalp. Be thorough and massage all the way down to your ends.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and for the best results leave on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing.
How simple and easy? After doing this treatment a few times you will notice a considerable difference in the health of your hair. Cheers!