This July we are looking for new ways to beat the summer heat. Over the past weekend we had the opportunity to make a “Whole Fruit Margarita”, which we are happy to report was absolutely delicious. The recipe is simple and best part is it doesn’t call for store bought margarita mix, which makes all the difference! Our recipe is listed below. We hope you love it as much as we did!
Ingredients (makes 8 cups):
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 orange, peeled, remove seeds
- 1 lime, peeled, remove seeds
- 1 lemon, peeled, remove seeds
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 6 cups ice cubes
- In a jar add all fruit, water, alcohol, and agave, mix together. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours to ferment.
- Pour contents of jar into a blender with ice and blend until smooth.
- If you prefer, add Himalayan sea salt around the rim of the glass.
Have you tried any new cocktails this summer?
Images 1 | 2 | 3
1. Harvest Moon by Poolside
2. Stereo by BoomBox
3. Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding
4. 1517 by The Whitest Boy Alive
5. Cheap Sunglasses by RAC, Mathew Koma
6. Summer Song by YACHT
7. Don’t Say Oh Well by Grouplove
8. Home (RAC Mix) by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
9. Sunset by The xx
10. Foreign Language by Flight Facilities
Keep cool (and polished). Cheers to Summer.
We asked dads Andrew, Greg and Patrick to pull together their personal Father’s Day Gift Guide. Here’s what they came up with and why:
Andrew (new Dad)
1. Quicksilver “Daddy” Day Bag: I can tote around my kiddos and not have to tote around my wife’s diaper bag.
2. Kindle Paperwhite: So I can read in the dark, outside, wherever or whenever because I get so few chances these days.
3. A Buffalo Jackson necktie: What would Father’s Day be without a tie?
4. Victrola iPod dock: I love the combination of vintage and modern technology. It’s just beautiful to look at and the sound quality really takes you back to a magical era (Billie Holiday, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong…). No batteries or electricity needed.
5. Vitamix: I’m a 48-year-old dad with a 5-year-old daughter. I want to live as long as possible. Green smoothies make a perfect, easy breakfast.
6. Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman: The only way my wife (a designer) is going to agree to a recliner.
7. Frye Justin Mid Lace Sneaker: Comfy and stylish. Perfect for weekends.
8. 27” iMac: Because my kids have taken over every computer in the house. And I want one for just me…that nobody is allowed to touch.
9. 2014 Toyota Tundra: It is a luxury car in the body of a truck. Two birds with one stone.