This July we are looking for new ways to beat the summer heat. Over the past weekend we had the opportunity to make a “Whole Fruit Margarita”, which we are happy to report was absolutely delicious. The recipe is simple and best part is it doesn’t call for store bought margarita mix, which makes all the difference! Our recipe is listed below. We hope you love it as much as we did!
Ingredients (makes 8 cups):
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1 orange, peeled, remove seeds
- 1 lime, peeled, remove seeds
- 1 lemon, peeled, remove seeds
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 6 cups ice cubes
- In a jar add all fruit, water, alcohol, and agave, mix together. Let sit in the fridge for a few hours to ferment.
- Pour contents of jar into a blender with ice and blend until smooth.
- If you prefer, add Himalayan sea salt around the rim of the glass.
Have you tried any new cocktails this summer?
Images 1 | 2 | 3
1. Harvest Moon by Poolside
2. Stereo by BoomBox
3. Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding
4. 1517 by The Whitest Boy Alive
5. Cheap Sunglasses by RAC, Mathew Koma
6. Summer Song by YACHT
7. Don’t Say Oh Well by Grouplove
8. Home (RAC Mix) by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
9. Sunset by The xx
10. Foreign Language by Flight Facilities
Keep cool (and polished). Cheers to Summer.
1 2 Next