Holidays are a great excuse to update traditional decorations with fun and modern accents. A few weeks ago, we started pinning our ideas here and with Thanksgiving a week away, we’ve narrowed down our favorites:
1. One of our team members’ has a mother in law who always brings the leftover appetizers to the dinner table. It’s a great way for those who might have missed them to enjoy in between courses. We also just love the abundance of color at the particular table setting above.
2. The simplicity of a succulent in a gilded vase is just beautiful. The gold adds a little shimmer and will look nice displayed at the table. Plus, succulents last long after Thanksgiving.
3. Any leftover (and untouched) pumpkins will be repurposed into vases for fresh flower arrangements.
4. In the hopes to entertain the kids, we’re covering their table with brown paper that can be colored on. Filling some mason jars with crayons makes for perfect kid friendly centerpieces.
Are you doing any modern accents for Thanksgiving this year?
Lately, we’ve been on a pinning spree checking out fall’s latest fashion trends and street style images. On our radar are cozy items that can be worn with several outfits and ones that will get us through the holiday season. As of now we’ve narrowed down our favorites here:
1. A blanket coat that can be worn with jeans and on dressier occasions.
2. Simple printed scarves can look great with both neutrals and other prints.
3. Oversize sweater with a drapey turtleneck is ideal.
What styles are on your current fashion radar?
We couldn’t be more excited that Halloween is on a Friday this year. It makes our lives so much easier. We don’t have to worry about rescheduling or having the kids stay out too late. Plus, we can have fun too! So while the kids are out trick or treating, we’re having friends over to show off our spooky bar cart and sip on Halloween cocktails like this one here. In lieu of dressing up this year, we’re decorating our nails for Halloween. It’s an easy and fun alternative to costumes, plus it allows us to focus on other things we’ve been wanting to do like make homemade candy. We’re still pinning ghoulish mani ideas here but so far we’re loving these four:
Which one is your favorite?