It’s officially open-toe season so here are step-by-step instructions on achieving the perfect pedi:
1. Soak your feet. This cleans your feet as well as softens dead skin cells so you can exfoliate.
2. Scrub. This homemade Lemon Peppermint Foot Scrub looks yummy. Rinse with warm water.
3. Trim and file. It’s best to trim nails when wet so they are flexible. If nails are dry, they can split.
4. Moisturize. Give yourself a nice quick foot massage. This feels awesome! But be sure to rinse off lotion and dry thoroughly before next step.
5. Polish. Apply our Sticky Base Coat. Then apply 2 coats of color polish. It is very important to wait a couple of minutes between each color coat. And finish off with our Top Coat for a boost of shine! With water-based polishes, it is best to apply thin coats.
Tip: Apply polish right before bedtime so it can cure overnight.
In order to achieve beautiful, healthy, salon-quality nails it is essential to prep them properly:
- Remove any existing nail polish and shape as usual.
- Add a drop of jojoba oil to each nail and buff gently.
- Wash hands with soap and water to rinse remover residue and buffing dust.
- Apply 1 coat of the fortifying base coat that nourishes nails while providing the perfect foundation for our polishes. This significantly extends the life of your mani assisting in adhesion and durability.
- Follow with 2 coats of polish allowing 1-3 minutes in between coats.
- Finish with the super deluxe top coat for a high gloss shine, which protects nails from scratches and provides an extra boost of shine.
- It needs a few hours to cure fully prior to prolonged exposure to water. We encourage painting tips and toes before bed- who would of thought but honestly it allows the polish to dry and adhere overnight!
Polish Remover: For easiest removal, soak nails in warm water for a few minutes. Pre-moisten all nails with remover allowing time for polish to soften. Then moisten cotton pad and rub across nail to remove. You can also remove any remaining polish using an orange stick. After removal, thoroughly rinse nails. Our soy polish remover has been formulated to remove both water-based and solvent-based nail polish safely and naturally.
For tips on the nail art photographed above click here.