Every August like clockwork we get into the mind set of “newness” as we gear up for back to school. For us adults instead of back to school shopping, we’re all about “back to you” shopping. At the top of my “back to you” list are new skin care products so I stopped by Citrine one of my favorite natural beauty bars to stock up.
First on my list was Tata Harper’s Reparative Moisturizer, which is a favorite because it’s super hydrating. It’s ideal for dehydrated skin and perfect for our harsh desert climates. Next on the list were two new products, May Lindstrom’s Skin Problem Solver Correcting Masque and Kjaer Weis’ Cream Foundation. May Lindstrom’s Correcting Masque works to reveal radiant skin as it purifies, heals and detoxifies. Not only is this product perfect for my skin but I can share it with my teenage son who suffers from bouts of acne. The Cream Foundation by Kjaer Weis (I absolutely love their eye shadows) is formulated to moisturize and includes age-defying ingredients. I love the coverage.
I can’t wait to try out the goods and ensure that my skin is ready for the new “school” year ahead. The best part is all three skin care products are natural so you don’t have to worry about any nasty chemicals.
What’s on your “back to you” list?
CEO & Founder
Lila Natural Cosmetics, Inc.
the fine makers of Scotch Naturals + Hopscotch Kids
IMAGE 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Recently on InStyle, celebrity manicurist Jin Soon Choi shared a DIY tutorial for nail art inspired by graphic lines. We usually shy away from DIY nail art but this tutorial looks super easy and anything really goes, from criss crosses to vertical and horizontal lines. The best part is you don’t have to worry about it being too perfect and that’s a nail art trend we’ll support. So this fall we’ll be rocking our graphic lines with low key outfits to let our DIY nail art really pop. Cheers!
What nail art trends are you excited about?
I think it’s safe to say that everyone loves a good sun kissed tan and the look of relaxation. Why not strive to have that all the time? These days you can and we put together a list of our favorite products to help maintain your summer beauty.
1. The Ren Skin Care Emollient Rescue Cream is great when your skin is dry and needs protection from environmental elements. It’s even great all year round. We use it this time of year to restore and bring comfort to our face.
2. For us, the Maya Water Facial Mist is ideal for when we’re on the go. It’s a super easy way to refresh and reenergize tried skin in a moments notice.
3. Our founder Ginny loves the Perfekt Body Gel because it adds color to your skin without the nasty chemicals.
4. We love putting on Ilia’s Balmy Days Lip Conditioner in the morning and at night. It soothes your lips and protects them from any dryness.
5. Tata Harper’ Hydrating Floral Essence is such a good toner that we even put it over our make-up as a finishing touch. It’s a limited edition so stock up now!
Do you have any favorite late summer beauty products?